A visa is necessary to enter Nepal (except for Indians) and can be obtained for the following duration from any Royal Nepalese Embassy or Consulate or at the entry points in Nepal. (You could easily obtain Nepal visa at your arrival in Tribhuwan International airport –TIA)
Following types of tourist visas may be obtained
|Type of Visa||Visa Valid for||Fee|
|Multiple Entry||15 Days||US$ 25/-|
|Multiple Entry||30 days||US$ 40 /-|
|Multiple Entry||90 days||US$ 100/-|
1. Once the visa is issued, it will not be amended, revalidated and visa fees will not be refunded.
2. Personal cheques and credit cards are not accepted for visa fees.
3. Visitors may also obtain tourist visa at major arrival points in Nepal including Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Requirements at arrival: 2 PP size photos, complete prescribed visa form available at entry point.
4. Visa fees effective from 12 February 2009
5. Children under the age of 10 shall be issued visit visa free of cost.
6. A visa year covers a period from 1 January to 31 December each year.
Six months from the date of issue. The validity of visa dates is counted from the date of arrival in Nepal.
A passport valid for at least 6 more months is required. Make a photocopy of your passport and keep it with you, leaving your passport in Kathmandu.
- Valid passport.(with a validity of a minimum period of six months)
- Application Form (Download application form for diplomatic/official/tourist visa)
- Two passport size picture
- Visa fees in cash
Entry Points to Nepal
- Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
- Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
- Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
- Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
- Belhiya, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
- Jamuna, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
- Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
- Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
Tourist Visa Fees
- Multiple entry 30 days US$ 40 or equivalent convertible currency
- Multiple entry 90 days US$ 100 or equivalent convertible currency
- Visa for SAARC countries: Free visa for 30 days available for tourists of SAARC countries.
- Visa for Indian citizens: Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal but getting to Nepal by air/overland they have to show their passport or any identity card issued by Indian government, at the entry point to Nepal. The children under 10 years no need to show any identification.
Tourist Visa Extension
Visa extension fee for 15 days or less is US $ 30 or equivalent convertible currency and visa extension fee for more than 15 days is US$ 2 per day Tourist visa can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a single visa year (January – December).
Foreigners, who have entered in Nepal to stay for a night in Nepal and willing to use Nepal’s Air port to visit another country with plane ticket or foreigners, traveling in the accidentally force landed plane for any circumstances shall be issued transit visa for one day by the paying 5 US $ or equivalent convertible currency.
- No foreigner is entitled to enter into and stay in the Kingdom of Nepal without valid visa.
- Tourist entry visa can be obtained for the following duration from Nepalese Embassy or consulate or other mission offices or immigration offices located on entry points in Nepal.
- Once the visa is issued, it will not be amended, re-validated and visa fees will not be refunded.
- Personal cheque and credit cards are not accepted at any entry point of Nepal.
- Living in Nepal without passport or a valid visa is a punishable offense.